Rules of Eligibility
Find out if you are eligible for the Million Mile Haul of Fame program.
What is the Million Mile Haul of Fame?
Shell Rotella® Million Mile Haul of Fame is an exclusive organization reserved for professional drivers who have driven a single vehicle for 1,000,000 miles under the protection of Shell Rotella® heavy-duty engine oil.
SOPUS Products, the maker of Shell Rotella® engine oil, is proud to recognize the owners of vehicles that have gone over a million miles without an overhaul using Shell Rotella®; brand of heavy-duty engine oil products (Shell Rotella® Triple Protection®, T5 synthetic blend and T6 full synthetic oil) through its Million Mile Haul of Fame program (MMHOF).
How to Qualify:
- The MMHOF program is available to current owners of eligible vehicles at the time the vehicle’s engine reaches one million miles and is otherwise in compliance with the program terms and conditions.
- An eligible vehicle is one that’s engine has been driven one million miles or more and meets all of the following conditions: (a) vehicle’s engine has continuously used Shell Rotella® brand of heavy-duty engine oil products (Shell Rotella® Triple Protection®, T5 synthetic blend and T6 full synthetic oil) for oil changes and make-up oil prior to the vehicle reaching 250,001 miles; (b) the vehicle must maintain the same engine throughout the duration of the program including that the original pistons, rod bearings, head gasket, main bearings, liners, heads and rings are still in the engine and no previous maintenance has been undertaken on these key components; (c) the vehicle is owned by a company that is based in Canada or the United States, or and owner/operator with Canadian or U.S. citizenship; (d) is a Class 2 – 8 category vehicle with a diesel engine and; (e) the vehicle’s oil change intervals, with respect to dates and mileage, are within the recommendations of the vehicle’s engine manufacturer.
Becoming a Member:
- If you meet or are about to meet the above qualifications, visit our website at www.Rotella.com to download and print the MMHOF forms. Then follow all directions posted on the site to complete the claim forms and follow any other posted directions to submit your request for membership.
- You must provide us with all of the following:
- A copy of the completed maintenance record or log book verifying the engine has accumulated at least one million miles using only Shell Rotella® brand of heavy-duty engine oil products (Shell Rotella®; Triple Protection®, T5 synthetic blend and T6 full synthetic oil) since at least 250,000 miles, and all supporting invoices or receipts.
- Copies of all receipts showing oil changes or purchases using Rotella® engine oil, and with dates showing the oil change intervals have been within the recommendations of the vehicle’s manufacturer;
- A signed statement (“Customer Declaration”) of actual vehicle mileage, which must equal or exceed one million miles and other declarations. A copy of the Customer Declaration form can be found on the MMHOF website;
- A sample of the motor oil if requested by SOPUS Products;
- The vehicle owner/lessee and all previous owners/lessees must sign an affidavit/declaration stating that the above vehicle qualifications have been met.
- SOPUS Products may, at its discretion and at its own expense, conduct such further investigation as may be required to determine eligibility for the MMHOF program, including without limitation a technical inspection of the engine.
- Once SOPUS Products has received all required documentation and verified your eligibility to be a MMHOF member, we will contact you and send you your MMHOF membership package.
- Application and subsequent acceptance in the MMHOF program constitutes permission for SOPUS Products and its authorized agents to use member’s name, biographical information, opinions, voice, photograph and/or likeness for advertising and promotional purposes in any and all medium now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law.
- Once you have been verified as a member of the MMHOF, your membership package will be mailed to you within six to eight weeks.
- Membership Package (approximate value of $500) includes:
- MMHOF Leather Jacket
- MMHOF Certificate of Achievement
- MMHOF Engraved Key Chain [Key Chain will include Name and induction date]
- $50 Gift Card to Preferred Installer
- SOPUS Products reserves the right at any time and from time to time, without notice, to revise and/or terminate the MMHOF program. In the event the program is modified, the modifications will apply to and be binding on all new participants as of the date of the modifications. Modifications will apply to existing program participants only to the extent necessary to the continued implementation of the program for the existing program participants.