Main content | back to top
Welcome to the 34th Annual Shell Rotella SuperRigs Truck Beauty Contest!
Does your truck have what it takes to be a Giant of Joplin at 2016 Rotella SuperRigs®? If you think so, then join us in Joplin, Missouri, at the Joplin Convention & Trade Center June 9th – 11th.
Why Attend the 34th Annual Shell Rotella SuperRigs Beauty Contest?
Rotella SuperRigs® is a fun event for the whole family. Come out to see the “Giants of Joplin” compete in the SuperRigs Truck Beauty Contest and enjoy some food, watch a movie or play games throughout this 3-day event. The best part of all - It’s FREE!
After a busy day experiencing Shell Rotella SuperRigs’ hospitality and watching the awesome trucks being judged at the Joplin Convention & Trade Center, join us as the party moves to Downtown Joplin. Many of the SuperRigs’ competitors will travel to historic downtown Joplin where they will stage their rigs, turn on their lights and pump up the music; partying like only truckers can.
The Giants of Joplin will bring the energy to convert the downtown streets into a massive street party. This is the time where you can see the rigs up close and personal and talk to the creators of these magnificent machines. Our event will take over downtown from 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm. Adding to the ambience, we will be holding our “Best Lights” competition during the street party.
Plus, you’ll be given a unique opportunity to dine in many of the local restaurants and bars located on Main Street – watching all the action right out on the street. But that’s not all -- you are also invited to join us for a free concert and fireworks display that will take place right in the middle of it all! It’s going to be a GIANT of a time that you won’t want to miss!
Thursday, June 9
- 7:00am-7:00pm - Event Registration Open
- 7:30am-7.00pm - Judging Line Open
- 8:00am–7:00pm - Concessions and Vendor Booths Open
- 8:30pm-10:30pm - Movie
Friday, June 10
- 7:00am-5:00pm - Event Registration
- 7:30am-5.00pm - Judging Line Open
- 8:00am-5:00pm - Concessions and Vendor Booths Open
- 5:30pm - Trucks Begin to Depart for Downtown Joplin
- 6:00pm-10:00pm - SuperRigs Truck Parade, Entertainment, Best Lights Judging, Concert, Fireworks
Saturday, June 11
- 7:00am-4:00pm - Event Registration/Hospitality Desk Open (Contest Registration Closes at 10:30am)
- 7:30am-11:30am - Judging Line Open
- 8:00am-4:00pm - Concessions and Vendor Booths Open
- 2:00pm-3:00pm - Shell Rotella SuperRigs Awards Presentation
- 4:00pm - Event Closes
Note: All events take place on the Joplin Convention & Trade Center grounds with the exception of the Truck Parade Friday night with takes place on Main Street in Downtown Joplin.
Register to Compete
Come be part of this unique, Working Truck Beauty Contest. Maybe you’ll even be one of the chosen few who to be featured in the world-famous 2017 SuperRigs calendar.
Program Sponsors & Exhibiting Vendors
Company Name: Thunder Graphix, Inc.
- Website: www.thundergrafixinc.com
- Description: Information on Commercial graphics, lettering, and associated business merchandise. We will also be selling custom emblem overlays.
Company Name: A Cut Above Polish Shop
- Website: www.acutabovepolishshop.com
- Description: on-site polishing in advance of showing your truck during the competition
Company Name: Joplin Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Website: www.visitjoplinmo.com
- Description: Nestled in the heartland of the United States, ideas and networks created in Joplin travel as far north as Canada, south to Mexico, east to the Atlantic and west to the Pacific. Historic Route 66, I-44, and I-49 all flow into and out of Joplin in a way that strikes a nerve with America. Joplin and its hospitality industry are ready to welcome Shell Rotella SuperRigs 2016.
While you’re here, you might as well explore. Once known as the Tri-State mining region we were home to the world’s largest deposits of lead and zinc ore. Take the time to explore our attractions, meet our two-hundred-plus restaurants and find your place in history by creating your own in Joplin, MO.
Company Name: Truckers News
- Website: www.truckersnews.com
- Description: Truckers News is joining Shell Rotella SuperRigs® in creation of a Job Fair at the event. The Job Fair will offer opportunities for drivers to access a number of carriers with a variety of job opportunities. For questions on the Job Fair contact Randall-Reilly Events at 888-349-4287.Truckers News offers the latest trucking news, the coolest rigs, timely health tips, top jobs from the extensive Randall-Reilly recruiting networks, and much more.
Company Name: A Cut Above Polish Shop
- Website: www.acutabovepolishop.com
- Description: A Cut Above Polish Shop specializes in metal polishing that restores the high polish shine to trucks and motorcycles. We use state-of-the art polishes and application equipment to give your vehicle the highest possible shine on all surfaces. We will polish containers, wheels, grills, fenders and just about every other part of your vehicle. Give us a call today to schedule your truck cleaning service! 352-303-9877
Company Name: Joplin 44
- Website: www.joplin44.com
- Description: Joplin 44 is the largest truckstop in the lower Midwest and features several restaurants, Super Truck Showroom, Gift Store, Custom Shop, Private Showers, Laundry Facilities, Convenience Store, Gas & Diesel, Barber Shop, Movie Theater, CAT Scale, TA Service Center, Truckomat Truck Wash, parking for 350 trucks. Find out more at http://joplin44.com/