The Shell ROTELLA® brand is excited to offer a complete product line of ELC and Fully Formulated engine coolants, designed to deliver:
- Protection against overheating – Excellent heat transfer properties allow heat to transfer more effectively, protect against freeze and boil-over and help keep engines running cool
- Corrosion protection – Corrosion inhibitor technology protects metals against all forms of corrosion
- Maintenance savings – Technology helps extend coolant life and prolong the life of seals, hoses and other cooling system components – helping reduce overall maintenance costs
ELCs are designed to go 600,000 on-highway miles (and beyond with proper monitoring) and provide overall reduction in cooling system maintenance. ELCs also offer complete cooling system component protection by helping to reduce water-pump failures, hard-water-scale deposits and silicate gel (the green goo you sometimes see). We understand consumers’ challenges and have designed a product portfolio to help make maintenance needs easier.
Shell ROTELLA® ELC NF (Nitrite-Free) is ideal for mixed fleets because it is designed for use in commercial trucks, light duty trucks, and automobiles – including many electric and hybrid vehicles. Always follow the vehicle owner’s manual.
- Shell ROTELLA® ELC Nitrite Free Coolants – A high quality, extended life, nitrite free antifreeze/coolant (AFC) designed to meet the latest trend in commercial and diesel engines away from nitrited AFC. Nitrite free AFC improves protection of aluminum heat exchangers (radiators and heater cores). Shell ROTELLA® ELC NF AFC is colored red to match many ELCs in the market today and based on the proven Shell ROTELLA® ELC AFC technology.
- Shell ROTELLA® Ultra ELC AFC – Designed for high temperature operation in high EGR engines, this yellow AFC is a hybrid extended life AFC, also nitrite free.
- Shell ROTELLA® ELC AFC – A premium, nitrited ELC in service as factory fill and service fill for over 15 years in a wide variety of engines and equipment. The nitrite ELC hybrid chemistry meets Caterpillar EC-1 requirements.
- Shell ROTELLA® Fully Formulated AFC – Traditional AFC requiring regular maintenance with supplementary coolant additives (SCAs) in a nitrited, low silicate formulation, purple in color.
Consult the latest Technical Data Sheets for current OEM specifications and approvals.