HOUSTON – Shell ROTELLA® has debuted Unsung, a dynamic short-form documentary series that tells the compelling stories of unsung heroes and how their work and lifestyles are intertwined. This innovative film series is part of the continued efforts by Shell Rotella to honor hardworking Americans from around the country.
“The Shell ROTELLA® brand is excited to shine a spotlight on people that work day in and day out to help Americans go about their daily lives,” said Chris Guerrero, global brand manager, Shell ROTELLA®. “This series pulls back the curtain, revealing the unseen side of hardworking people from various walks of life and provides them with the recognition they deserve.”
Unsung – A life in the day of hard work is a series of five highly stylized, dynamic short-form documentaries capturing the often-overlooked heroes who are working behind the scenes. From coast to coast, Unsung goes on the road to find and tell the compelling, surprising and unexpected stories of the hard work that helps drive our everyday lives.
“Working on a project like Unsung really opened my eyes to the men and women working tirelessly to keep this country moving,” said Geoffrey Campbell, producer of the documentaries. “I have a newfound gratitude for the many people who put in long hours and work hard in a truck each day. I am pleased to be a part of a film series that brings to light these unsung heroes.”
From a snow plow driver faced with a mid-winter blizzard to an ex-fire fighter helping a community rebuild after Hurricane Sandy, these are the stories of self-starters working long hours and relying on hard working pick-up trucks to run the small businesses that run America.
The five short-form documentaries featured at www.youtube.com/rotellaunsung provide a glimpse into the hard working lives of:
- Lieutenant. John Nolan, a proud FDNY fire fighter recently retired from 18 years of duty. In the tradition of FDNY brotherhood, John and his fellow fire fighters banded together and volunteered to help rebuild local homes and businesses in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. Everyday John and his diesel pickup truck set out to rebuild and revitalize.
- Chris Bonen, a snowplow driver in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, one of the most intense, snow-ridden areas of the United States. No matter how grueling the weather conditions, Chris, his dog Brian, and his diesel pickup truck are on the road for 12 hours, starting at 4:00 a.m., to make sure that everyone in town has a clear path to their destination.
- Bill Wright and his seven sons run the family’s 800-acre cattle ranch in southern Utah. The Wrights are true cowboys, driving cattle to grazing lands across Utah and using a combination of horses and diesel pickups to get the job done. When the Wright brothers aren’t on the ranch, they’re competing against each other on the saddle bronc rodeo circuit.
- Myles Anderson, a fourth generation logger on the California Coast who’s hard work is instrumental in helping to run his family’s business and drive the local economy. Myles, with the help of his diesel pickup truck and intrepid crew, brave hazardous weather and rough terrain to responsibly harvest and transport lumber to consumers, enabling them to build their dreams.
- Ron Enos, a fifth generation farmer of Enos Family Farms, is famous for harvesting some of the most delicious organic fruit in Northern California. Ron and his diesel pickup are on a mission to bring the freshest and highest quality fruit to his customers who drive from far and wide. Ron is in a race against time to get his produce harvested, packaged and ready for sale within 24 hours.
About Shell Rotella® Engine Oil
The Shell ROTELLA® brand is committed to making sure that hard working individuals can count on Shell ROTELLA® engine oils to help keep their trucks and equipment operating properly. The Shell ROTELLA® Energized Protection™ product portfolio is led by three premium heavy duty engine oils that are part of a tiered, easy to understand ladder of protection. They include Shell ROTELLA® T6 Full Synthetic, Shell ROTELLA® T5 Synthetic Blend Technology and Shell ROTELLA® T Triple Protection® engine oils.
All Shell ROTELLA® heavy duty oils provide protection in three critical areas by helping to control acids, deposits and wear. The adaptive technology in Shell ROTELLA® allows the oil to protect across all driving conditions, physically or chemically reacting to the ever-changing needs of an engine, ensuring that ShellROTELLA® customers will continue to enjoy the benefits of the engine oil that works as hard as they do.
Shell ROTELLA® is the No. 1 heavy-duty motor oil brand preferred and used among owner operator truck drivers. For more information about Shell ROTELLA® heavy duty engine oils visit www.ROTELLA.com and follow Shell ROTELLA on Facebook at ShellROTELLA®, on Twitter at @ShellROTELLA® and Instagram at ShellROTELLA®T
About Shell Lubricants
The term ‘Shell Lubricants’ collectively refers to the companies of Royal Dutch Shell plc that are engaged in the lubricants business. Shell Lubricants companies lead the lubricants industry, supplying 13.4% of global lubricants volume.a The companies manufacture and blend products for use in consumer, heavy industrial and commercial transport applications. The Shell Lubricants portfolio of top-quality brands includes Pennzoil®, Quaker State®, FormulaShell®, Shell TELLUS®, Shell RIMULA®, Shell ROTELLA® T, Shell SPIRAX® and Jiffy Lube®.
aKline & Company, “Global Lubricants Industry 2009: Market Analysis and Assessment, 2009-2019.”
Shell Media Line